2021 Globetrotting Adventures


Slovenia

Europe, Asia, Africa. Castles, pyramids, mountains, rivers, and more history than you can shake a staff at. That's what my 2021 is shaping up to look like! 

2020 has been a rough year for many and the pandemic has hit the travel industry especially hard. That being said, I've tried to stay positive throughout! All of my travel in the past year has been to domestic, drive-able destinations and has been socially distanced in one way or another, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's resulted in a lot of "me time," and has allowed me to focus on wellness, surrounding myself with both luxury and nature, and planning trips that I may not have otherwise. Still, I always have my eyes on the next adventure!

The uncertainty surrounding global travel in 2020 has provided a number of opportunities that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of normally. Zero fee cancellations and re-scheduling with most airlines and at most luxury hotels allows for flexibility, plus some accomodations and experiences are more affordable than ever.

It's never too early to start planning your next getaway and now that things are finally trending in the right direction I wanted to give you a sneak peek into three planned trips for 2021, which were some of the international travel I postponed this year and that I’m hopeful to take next year if it's safe to do so.

 

TRIP #1 - SLOVENIA

Slovenia is a bit of a mystery to most, but that's part of the allure! Nestled in between and with similar vibes to both Italy and Austria, Slovenia boasts majestic mountains, wine regions, a small coastline, gorgeous lakes and castles, and its capital Ljubljana offers a larger city to explore.

Plus as an adventure destination, Slovenia packs all that I love into one trip. Exploration and culture in its cities, hiking in its mountains, an impressive culinary scene (including one of the World's 50 Best Restaurants), an underrated wine scene, and a rich history. It has it all.

TRIP #2 - TURKEY

Straddling two countinents, Turkey is known as the gateway to both Europe and Asia. Its culture, food, architecture, and history certainly reflect that. Incredibly diverse with beaches, mountains, and cities galore, Turkey offers an air of intrigue and so much to discover.

I’m thinking of exploring the markets, mosques, and history of Istanbul, taking a hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia, and relaxing on the coastline of the Aegean Sea in Bodrum, but I'm always open to suggestions and recommendations. 


TRIP #3 - EGYPT

The gateway to the Middle East and dating back millenia to the time of the pharoahs, Egypt is rich with history and home to endless wonders (including the only surviving Wonder of the Ancient World).

This has been a bucket list trip for my mom and I and though we should be finalizing and getting ready to go, we unfortunately needed to push it back. When we do get there we'll be exploring Cairo, of course visiting the pyramids, and taking a luxurious Nile cruise on the Oberoi Philae Luxury Cruise Ship.

I can't wait to explore everything these beautiful countries have to offer and share it with all of you! Have you been? Do you want to go? What are some things to add to my to-do list? I know some of you have experienced these amazing destinations and I don't want to miss a thing on or off the beaten path!

In addition to the above, I want to note that I'm also planning several domestic trips and possibly some Caribbean travel, which will either be on top of any global jetsetting, or may end up as my main trips if international travel is still off the table. Either way, I will keep you all in the loop. Be sure to keep an eye out for upcoming blog posts on these as well!

Interested in learning more about my upcoming itineraries or booking a trip? Reach out to me at 908-230-2327 or at jessica@ellitravel.com and learn just how easy (and affordable) it is to work with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unearthing Egypt and Jordan

The Mighty Five

¡Viva México!