¡Viva México!

 

Last month I finally jetted off to Mexico for my first international trip in over 18 months! 

Mexico is a big, beautiful country filled with so much history, culture, art, museums, architecture and of course...food, that it can feel almost overwhelming. So be sure to give yourself enough time to see it all.  It's also is an easy destination to travel to at the moment, because it does not require testing or vaccination to enter, just a negative test three days prior to returning to the United States.

So let's jump right in! Here's a quick recap of my unforgettable trip through Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende!

CITY: Mexico City, Mexico (CDMX)

The week long trip kicked off in incredible, historic Mexico City, with a stay at Las Alcobas, which is a Marriott Property & Virtuoso Travel hotel. 


There's so much culture and cuisine to take in I wish I had more time there! But I was so happy to be able to fit in a food tour and visits to so many historic buildings and museums like the Bellas Artes, Metropolitan Cathedral, House of Tiles, Chapultepec Castle, Palacio Postal, Diego Rivera mural, Frida Kahlo Museum, Soumaya Museum, Coyoacan Market, Anthropology Museum, and Museum of Memory and Tolerance, all of which are in CDMX! 

CITY: San Miguel de Allende, Mexico (SMA)

My stay in Mexico City was followed by a short trip north to San Miguel, where I checked into the luxurious Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, a Rosewood Elite and Virtuoso Travel property! While I was there, I was also able to check out the beautiful grounds and amenities of Casa de Sierra Nevada, a Belmond Bellini and Virtuoso Travel property as well. Hopefully I'll have a chance to stay there during my next visit! 


San Miguel is absolutely breathtaking, with colorful buildings, lively streets, delicious food, and warm people. To get to know it better, I booked both a historical city tour and food tour, visited the Parroquia de San Miguel archangel, Fabrica la Aurora, and just roamed the streets visited the markets and shops. 



And of course I ate well! If you want to experience incredible cuisine, including several of the best restaurants in in the world, you cannot go wrong with CDMX and SMA! Although I didn't make it to all the spots on my list (there simply wasn't enough time!) I was lucky enough to enjoy meals at Pujol, Quintonil, Maximo Bistrot, Contramar, Rosetta, and Tacos Cocuyos in CDMX and at Moxi, Aperi, The 
Restaurant, Marsala, La Cocina, and Cafe San Agustin in SMA. I legitimately have so many food photos I may need to do an entire post just on that, so stay tuned!  


The wonder of Mexico is beckoning! There's so much culture to take in and I want to help you experience as much of it as possible! So, if you're looking to book at trip or just learn more about these cities and hotels? Reach out to me here, at 908-230-2327, or at jessica@ellitravel.com for more details on amenities, rates, availability, and booking!

Jet Set Jess: Same Rates, More Benefits

Comments

  1. ¿Cómo contactar al número de teléfono de la aerolínea? Para hablar con el servicio al cliente de una aerolínea, busca el número de contacto en su sitio web o en el correo de confirmación de tu vuelo. Llama y sigue las opciones del menú telefónico para ser atendido por un agente. Podrás realizar consultas sobre reservas, cambios de vuelo, equipaje, y otros servicios. Contactar al número de teléfono de la aerolínea te garantiza atención rápida y solución a cualquier inconveniente.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unearthing Egypt and Jordan

The Mighty Five